If your Summer glow is becoming a distant memory this Winter, don’t stress! Today we’re talking you through some of our vegan skin saviours that work wonders in getting your skin back on track.
Yes, this may seem obvious! But it is so important when keeping skin hydrated. In winter, we turn to hot drinks, but we encourage you to drink 6-8 glasses of water a day as this helps our body maintain fluid balance and keeps our skin rejuvenated.
Let’s talk masks. Put your dry skin to bed this season with an overnight mask to quench your skin’s thirst. If you’re searching for a mask that restores and repairs the skin’s natural barrier overnight, we recommend Summer Fridays ‘Jet Lag’ mask to nourish the skin.
Oils & tools:
Face oils; the perfect antidote to winter skin. Now, if you suffer from oily skin you may be dubious about using an oil. Fear not! It is simply skin food and perfect for maintaining the PH balance in the skin. We recommend applying a face oil and using a rose-quartz roller to encourage absorption into the skin. Have you tried facial pilates? This decreases puffiness, stimulates collagen and lymphatic drainage leaving you with contoured and radiant skin.
This may seem too aggressive for the colder season, but the truth is you actually increase the penetration of moisturiser into your skin. Brushing away those dead cells restores your skin and brings those fresh cells to the surface. We recommend exfoliating 2-3 times a week for smoother, healthier skin. Our holy grail is Goldfaden MD’s Doctor’s Scrub or why not try a homemade scrub using just honey and sugar?
Digital Detox – How much time do we really spend on our screens?
Modern life is FULL of screens. We wake up to them, check them continuously throughout the day, use them for work and even when we want to relax and have some downtime. But do we ever switch off completely?
On average, we touch our phones 2,617 times per day. Whilst technology can enrich our lives in many ways, it can also have significant negative impacts on our life and our health, including anxiety, low self-esteem, decreased social interaction and full-blown addiction.
Try the following steps to get you on the digital detox train:
Develop a better morning routine:
- Wake, stretch, shower, dress, breakfast, try these before touching your phone…. We dare you! Ask yourself: is checking your phone is really that important first thing in the morning?
Commute – not compute!
- Make your daily commute digital free. Check out the scenery, people watch OR read a book! Use the time an exercise in mindfulness and an opportunity to notice all the things we miss when our eyes are glued to our phone.
Check your headspace:
- Silence is key: daily meditation is key to a more balanced and clearer headspace and outlook. Put the phone down (and your meditation app) and sit with yourself for 10 mins or an hour. Meditate, be calm and gather your thoughts.
Top tips for recharging yourself at home:
An at-home retreat is both simple and affordable to avoid daily hustle and bustle right in the comfort of your own home. It’s the wellness weekend you’ve been needing – relaxation, self-care, healthy meals, physical activity, and all your favourite wellness treatments.
- Put aside an entire weekend to relax (or even one day if you can’t find the time!)
- Make an Itinerary – schedule everything as if you ran your own retreat company except the only customer is you! Plan your activities, meals & downtime – you don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do.
- Meal planning: Follow a clean eating routine by avoiding the consumption of caffeine, tobacco and excessive sugars.
- Schedule energising AND relaxing activities (balance is key) – for example, morning meditation & journaling, mid-morning yoga, followed by evening meditation. Journaling on your retreat allows you to reflect on your life and set some new goals.
- Pamper yourself – Make sure to schedule in some ‘do-nothing’ time. Try creating a home-made mask and have an Epsom salt bath where you can soak up the blissful nothingness!